Friday Thangs [3-17]

7:01 AM



+ Wednesday and Thursday sucked a fat one.  My furnace went out and the temperature plummeted in my house to 10C that we had to wear our winter coats inside until the furnace guy came to fix it. He was actually really cool about it and didn't charge as much as was quoted.

+ The winter storm that we were bracing for actually hit west of the city so I was spared the 15cm of ass and snow that mother nature shat upon us.  It was still cold as fuck so I stayed on my couch and alternated between reading and crocheting.  I'm still trying to figure out a way to do both at the same time.


+ Poncho is done, finally. I just need 8 buttons.

+ Despite the annoying wait times for some books, I have to admit that my library's catalog and borrowing system is on point.  They make it so easy to place holds, you can even pause your holds (so you save your place in line when you decide to resume your hold/place), you can cancel your hold and even pay fines online.

Four of these books are for Kayla; I love that she's been giving me lists of books to get for her.

+ Trick for the crispiest potato wedges: aside from soaking wedges in ice water for 30mins, bake them on a cooling rack so the hot air gets underneath and you don't have to flip them over!  Just be sure to line the baking sheet with foil to avoid stains on your baking sheet.  You're welcome.


+ I've been on a great reading roll but have been too lazy to draft a post about it because I sort of hate the format of how my blog places content beside pictures and I'm too lazy to sit and figure it out to make it all pretty.  Instead, here's a list of the books I've read:

The Last Mile 5/5. Suspenseful, twisty plots and bad guys who wanna be good guys. Loved this.

Kill the Father 3/5.  I have mixed feelings about this book. There were parts that were amazing but then parts that were not amazing and frankly, quite boring that I skipped some pages because get on with it already.

Silver Stars 4/5.  Continuation to the book, Front Lines (which was amazing)....it was a bit slow in the beginning but quickly picked up.

Currently reading:  The 5th Wave.

+ With temps brutally cold this past week, I've had to pump up the jam with skin care and did a super hydrating mask on Wednesday night.


+ This movie! I spy/action movies; female kickass spies even more:


After work is back treatment #3 followed by a 90 minute massage (because treat yoself) and tomorrow night is fancy date night with the husband. We drop Kayla off for the night at my sisters while we eat through Toronto.

Have a great weekend!

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. That potato wedge tip is genius. Potatoes is one of the few things the kid will eat, so will definitely be trying those. And I love how K is adding all those Judy Blume and Roald Dahl books -- definitely two of my favorite authors from childhood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That potato wedge idea is BRILLIANT. I cannot wait to try it. Yeah this week sucked. Actually, every week this month has sucked for me and I don't see it getting better at all. March bites. Have fun on your date night with your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fucking over winter.

    I love Kayla's reading list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so cant wait to see this poncho in action.
    LOVE the idea of the wedges. I never flip because #lazy & hate that soggy wet side of the potato. Will still eat it, dont get me wrong ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha that's how I feel every Friday! And ugh I'm so sorry your heat went out, especially when winter won't quit. Sending warmth your way! Happy Friday <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. i reallllllly could've used that potato trick last night. i cooked mine on a foil lined pan and they friggin stuck so bad, i couldn't flip them. still delicious though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of that movie and I don't like violence, lol, but that movie looks pretty great. Ha.
    I love reserving books from the library online. It makes life so much easier :) I don't know if we have a hold system or not. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So smart with the potato wedges. Not sure if I should know that trick though - I could probably eat my weight in potato wedges. :D James and the Giant Peach! I loved that book and hope Kayla does too. Atomic Blonde looks amazing! Enjoy your date night. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Work" lol!!! Except this morning kicked my ass and I for real had to work! Love kaylas reading list!!!! I need to try your potato trick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I loved The 5th Wave! I hope you love it.

    That is amazing that Kayla gives you lists of books. I hope Caleb does that too one day.

    We got hit bad by a winter storm. More than 2 feet of snow. Ugh. Over it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a convection oven and it creates perfectly crispy potatoes...It's probably the same principle?
    Ugh. It's 80* F here. I think we missed winter.
    LOVE that your kiddo is into Judy Blume. We need more of that in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like Charlize Theron, looking into the movie! I like to try to keep everything pretty diverse. I get bored easily, so I try to flip between genres for movies/books. :) Our weather has been hella warm, but it snowed the week before... what? LOL XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a huge fan of our library app :) Also, I love that Kayla is reading Roald Dahl - he was always a favorite of them. Happy first day of Spring - hopefully the spring weather shows up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think Friday was the day I got the most work done oddly enough. Well, it helps that my coworker was out sick and I had double the workload ha ha! That potato wedge tip is genius!! Thanks for sharing :) Also, that is so great that Kayla is reading so much too!

    ReplyDelete