(Spring) Lusts.....

12:00 AM

Every year I go through this...whenever I get a taste of warm weather after a long, brutal winter, I get the urge to shop.

+ Hands down, Maui Jim sunglasses are the best.  I have a pair of the gold-rimmed Wiki but now I want this silver pair.


+ My car lease is coming up which means I get a new car!  I'm currently driving an Acura RDX and it's a fantastic car for anyone looking for a mid-size SUV with plenty of room, lots of pep, great handling and power.  We don't need a big car anymore but man, the RDX drives so smoothly and you feel like you're in a million dollar luxury car.

Now that Kayla is much older and we no longer have to lug shit around like strollers, diaper bags, wagons etc, it's time to downsize so my top two choices are (pending test drives):

Audi A3 (hatchback)


Acura TLX (sedan)
I'm a fan of the hatchback look; my old VW GTI was a hatchback and that's what made me fall in love with the style.  I've ridden in the A3 and it's a peppy, fun car; something that my life has been missing since Kayla was born and I had to be all mom-like with my SUV.

+ In the winter, I wear full leg tights and in the spring, I switch to capris.  My workout wardrobe needs a serious overhaul because about 60% of my current gear stink; like, straight up stinks to high heaven after constant use (muay thai), no matter how much I wash them. I've tried every.single sport detergent there is, soaking them in vinegar + baking soda, even going so far as to freezing them but nope, muay thai has wrecked them.

I refuse to pay out the ass for gear so I'm always looking in Winners for a deal but there's a downfall to discount stores - the hideous chaos and lack of organization and the selection is pretty lame. Also, it's a hit and miss; most of the time I can't find my size and if I do, the selection is ugly.

I was looking on the Fabletics site and they have some cute workout pants and outfits; the prices are decent as well (at least within my price range, $25-35).  I like bright, bold colours and check out this Leroc outfit; the T-back tank is so cute.
Has anyone used Fabletics before? Thoughts?

+ I'm always one to preach "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" when it comes to skin care because introducing new products to your current routine could actually do more harm than good.  One of my favourite brands is Eminence Organics and I really want to buy a bunch of their products namely, these two:
what are some things you've been wanting?

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. I used to spend too much more (for me) on sunglasses. Now, I'm a big fan of having multiple pairs of $5 glasses because I'm constantly misplacing them.
    Hatchback cars are quite popular here. Not so much back home. They've grown on me, and I think they're pretty cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris is looking at cars right now too. He wants an SUV though. He's looking at the Infiniti QX 60 and QX 70 or the BMW X5. He has an Infiniti G37 now. I like the look of the Acura you're looking at. It's sharp! I prefer SUVs to cars, I like sitting up higher and they are easier to get in and out of lol. Workout gear can get expensive, I like the ideas of Fabletics. I usually grab stuff at TJMaxx or Nordstrom Rack, but you're right that the selection is limited!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love hatchbacks so i totally vote that! my first 2 cars were hatchbacks. hatchbacks aren't popular here - they exist but they aren't everywhere like they are at home. like there isn't even a toyota corolla hatchback here and it's legit the most popular car at home. it's weird. i want one.
    That Leroc outfit is super cute, love the top. When i'm 'allowed' to shop again I might try fabletics, love the prices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Audi 3! It's sporty but still fun. I always splurge on nice sunglasses. A good pair will last for years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I kind of like hatchbacks... :) I'd go with that! :) Fabletics interests me... but that might just be because I like Kate Hudson. hehe XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think both cars would be great choices! It's so nice when you don't have to worry about car seats anymore (I'm imagining, because of course we still have ours full of them lol)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loooooove hatchbacks! I can't wait for the day we're not lugging all sorts of shit everywhere. Also that workout top is too cute -- I'm with Nadine -- I usually peruse the racks of TJ's and find a crap ton of cute stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I was being strict about yoga I started looking into fabletics. I agree with Alexandra, though. I just like Kate Hudson. Haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am the same damn way. When the weather gets warm I just want to spend money. I really like those sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You'll have to post if you use Fabletics. I've always wanted to give it a try. They do have some cute stuff.

    Curious - do you like leasing your vehicles instead of buying? That always intrigues me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the Acura but I'm not really into hatchbacks. :D One of my friends did it the opposite way. She had a sedan when her girls were babies and now has a big SUV because they have so much gear (for sports) as teens. Fabletics has cute stuff but I have heard some mixed reviews - regarding their customer service, I think. My workout gears lasts ... ummmm for forever, so a monthly subscription doesn't make sense for me, but I wish you could just buy an outfit, ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love to buy spring things. I'm not sure if winter will ever end this year though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I tried Fabletics and was pretty happy with my introductory outfit -- cute top and basic black capris, but they both fit well and haven't fallen apart in the two months I've had them. I didn't continue my subscription because I ultimately prefer my old standby Old Navy pants (http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=1031035&vid=1&pid=371172002).

    ReplyDelete
  14. i've always wondered if the fabletics pieces are as use in person. why do i feel like the quality might be just eh? let me know if you try it. i love that acura. sometimes i think audis are douchey. but i do love the rdx too! i'd get that first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i mean, i'd get the rdx first for me, lol, i know you already have it!

      Delete
  15. LOVE those sunnies! I have an Acura RDX too that I absolutely love! I vote to stick with Acura, and get the TLX ;-)

    ReplyDelete